Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi

I love shrimp. Ranked right up there with butter and chocolate, I really love shrimp. And besides, any food that comes with it's own ready-to-eat handle ranks high in my book. Even Forrest Gump's pal, Bubba, found a plethora of ways to eat shrimp. And last night, in the Tyson Kitchen, we found another.

Shrimp scampi happened to be one of my mother-in-law's culinary triumphs. My beloved Mr. Tyson isn't terribly fond of shrimp (he also calls them "little tubes of cholesterol) but he loved his mother's shrimp scampi. Personally, I could eat shrimp 365 days a year.

This working mother has very little time during the week to triumph in the kitchen. But last night we discovered a simple, no frills shrimp scampi recipe from Ina Garten. Having modified for our family (specifically, time constraints) by using frozen shrimp (peeled, deveined and cooked), it was a triumph indeed.

No comments: