Saturday, January 16, 2010

Follow Up to Slow Cooker Week: The Judgment

I've been too busy eating this week to follow up with one important tidbit to Slow Cooker Week. I have, thankfully, spent some time on the eliptical machine actually exerting energy and producing a glistening southern gal glow in an effort to burn off some of the calories. But thankfully only one of the Slow Cooker Week recipes required exertion to burn off the calories. And that was the Macaroni & Cheese.

The Macaroni & Cheese was evil, sinful, rich and luscious all at the same time. Which brings me to this. Remember my premonition that the small elbow-shaped pasta might turn to mush? Thankfully the corkscrew shape I chose didn't get mushy. But, when attempting to re-heat, the Mac & Cheese was likened to wallpaper paste. It wasn't good stuff. Yuck.

This weekend is also a dry run for the mini starfish cakes. After baking 18 cakes, I think we might be safe for the birthday party next weekend. Tomorrow will be the coating dry run. I'm hopeful we all survive.

No comments: